Skip to content Skip to main navigation Report an accessibility issue

How do I declare my pregnancy?

If you work around ionizing radiation and become pregnant, you may declare your pregnancy to your employer. A declared pregnant worker has a lower maximum occupational radiation exposure limit that decreases any potential risk to the fetus. If you would like to declare your pregnancy, you may notify your P.I. or the Radiation Safety Department.

For further information about pregnancy declaration, please read the Guidance Document from the State of Tennessee.